I’ve been seeing this survey go around some of the blogs I read. I haven’t been tagged, nor do I intend to tag anybody (BOO… Lame, I know.) I did think it would be a good chance for you guys to get to know a little more about The Alt Mommy though. So, here it is…
1. Where were you born? Arkansas. But I don’t relate to the South at all. Even though I’ve lived here my entire life.
2. Were you named after someone? My middle name is the same as my aunt’s first name. My alias Lola was picked by a toddler. We were playing like we were at a salon and had to have fancy names. She said we were both Lola.
3. How many children do you have? One biological daughter. One step-daughter. My step-daughter also has an older sister who stays with us about half the time that she does.
4. How many pets do you have? One dog named Abbey.
5. Your worst injury? A week after I turned 18 I split my chin open. I drank a pint of tequila on an empty stomach and blacked out walking to bed. My face broke my fall. I landed on a hardwood floor. I then crawled to bed, spit out some blood, and announced that I must have busted my lip. My husband (boyfriend, at the time) said that I lifted my head up and my chin just opened up. “It was like you had two mouths.” <— That’s his description.
6. Do you have a special talent? Not really.
7. Favorite thing to bake? I can’t bake from scratch to save my life. I’m all about trying to live a natural lifestyle, but I have not made the switch to all-natural baked goods. I do make a pretty damn mean funfetti cake though. Anytime I bake (or pretty much anytime I cook, for that matter) I use coconut oil in place of butter, shortening, or vegetable oil. It makes the food so moist and ooey-gooey!
8. Favorite Fast Food? I would say BBQ from the local BBQ food truck, but I was just informed yesterday that he was closed. I don’t really like fast food at all. Breadsticks from the local pizzeria are about as close to fast food as I get.
9. Would you bungee jump? No. I can’t imagine getting any sort of thrill from dangling by a stretchy cord and jumping off of a platform. Not my thing, at all!
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Distinguishing characteristics. You know, the things that make people unique.
11. When was the last time you cried? Today. It would have been my mom’s birthday, but she died when I was a teenager.
12. Any current worries? Financial insecurity. My family is in the gap that makes slightly too much money for any government assistance, but way too damn poor to live comfortably. Those people that the media totally ignores, the families in which both parents work full-time while one also attends college, but still are unable to be secure. Yep, that’s us. It sucks.
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Water. Wine. A soda in the morning (when I can) even though I know I shouldn’t.
14. What’s your favorite book? The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
15. Would you like to be a pirate? Perhaps I already am one…
16. Favorite Smells? Lavender and Patchouli
17. Why do you blog? To say the things I can’t say every day in real life.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Whatever will make my family happy.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I have a hard time finishing things. I call it popcorn brain. New ideas pop into my head all the time, but I get bored with them just as quickly. I believe ADHD is the medical term for this, but popcorn brain sounds much less clinical.
20. Favorite hobby? Ehh, see the above answer.
21. Name Something you’ve done, you never thought you would do? Maintained a 3.93 GPA in college. I graduate this summer.
22. What do you look for in a friend? An open-mind.
23. Favorite fun things to do? Going out with my family, but my favorite kid-free activity is going to concerts. Nothing beats a good live show.
24. Pet peeves? Bad grammar, loud televisions, and more than anything else, tardiness.
25. What’s the last thing that made you laugh? When I was telling my MIL about some of the funny things my daughter has said lately.